Monday, January 25, 2016

Dazed Excitement

Well, this is exciting, mind-boggling, mind-blowing and kind of weird all at once!

I worked last summer on writing a Bible study guide for our upcoming women's Bible study on Colossians. After I got it all done, I asked our Executive Pastor for some help in turning it into a study guide format, just because I like a book better than pages in a binder. He edited it, turned it into book format, and arranged for self-publishing through Lulu.com so that we could offer a printed copy as an option for our women.

Today, I got an email with the link to the following:

Colossians Bible Study guide


Colossians Study Guide. He put it on Barnes and Noble and Book Depository too.

A friend in the church did the cover and I love it too. I'm so amazed and grateful for the talent and generosity of the people around me.

I'm really looking forward to digging into Colossians with our ladies. This whole project has been a bit of an experiment for me. I wondered if I could write a study guide that would be flexible for women in different seasons of life for studying and that would really help us to learn more about God and our relationship with Him, as well as understanding more of how Colossians fits into the whole of Scripture. Time will tell if the project was successful in that regard!

No comments: